|other cities||Amsterdam, The Netherlands;|
London art gallery dealing in Old Master paintings. The firm started as a general dealer in art and antiques in Dordrecht in 1836 before moving to Amsterdam in 1875.
In 1920 Charles Duits opened a gallery in London where he was joined by his brother William Henry and both his son, Clifford and grandson Graham. After 1920 the Duits concentrated on Old Masters, with a special interest in Dutch and Flemish works, many originally handled in association with their Amsterdam gallery (which closed in 1938). The London gallery closed in 1985.
|research links||Search FRESCO (Frick Research Catalog Online)|