|Burke, Stevenson, 1826-1904|
|other cities||St. Lawrence County, NY;|
Collector, lawyer, judge, rail road executive and patron of the Cleveland Art School.
He owned work by Charles F von Saltza which was exhibited in New York City at the Fifth Avenue Galleries of Louis Katz in 1903 (New York Times, Art Notes, 1/12/1903).
Judge Burke was twice married, first on April 28, 1849, to Parthenia Poppleton, the daughter of Rev. Samuel Poppleton, of Richland County, Ohio. Her death occurred on April 7, 1878, and on June 22, 1882, Judge Burke married Mrs. Ella M. Southworth, of Clinton, New York, the eldest daughter of Henry C. Beebe, formerly of Westfield, Massachusetts.
|research links||Search FRESCO (Frick Research Catalog Online)|