Braunstein/Quay Gallery
type Dealer/Gallery
dates 1961-1997
city San Francisco
stateCA
gender n/a
history The Braunstein/Quay Gallery had its beginnings as the 32 Main St. Gallery, Tiburon, Calif., which opened in 1961 by Ruth Braunstein.

The name was changed to Quay Gallery the same year. In 1965, it moved to 2 Jerome St., San Francisco and in 1974 to 560 Sutter St. In 1975 the Quay Ceramics Gallery was opened next door by Braunstein, and her partners Rena Bransten and Sylvia Brown. In 1976 the Quay Gallery's name changed to Ruth Braunstein's Quay Gallery, in 1978 to Braunstein/Quay Gallery, and in 1979 to Braunstein Gallery, when it moved to 254 Sutter St., changing its name back to the Braunstein/Quay Gallery in the 1980s.
decades1960-1970
1970-1980
1980-1990
1990-2000
websitehttp://www.bquayartgallery.com/
emailbquayg@pacbell.net
phone415/278-9850
updated 02/07/2020 18:20:53
research links Search FRESCO (Frick Research Catalog Online)
Search Worldcat
Repository Description Links
Archives of American Art
Victor Building, Suite 2200
Braunstein/Quay Gallery records, 1961-1997. see details...
Archives of American Art
Victor Building, Suite 2200
Interview with Richard Shaw [videorecording] / Archives of American Art; Paul J. Karlstrom, interviewer; David Bolt, director
see details...

see alsoBraunstein, Ruth, 1923-