|city||New York City|
Parke-Bernet was founded in 1937, by a group of former employees from the American Art Association, the group included, Otto Bernet (1881–1945), Hiram H Parke (1874–1959), Leslie A. Hyam (1901–1963), Lewis Marion, and Mary Vandergrift (1901–1991).
By 1964, having become America’s largest auction house, and a year after the death of it's last living founder, Leslie Hyam, it was purchased by Sotheby & Co. (London, England). There after the firm became Sotheby Parke Bernet & Co., and now known only as Sotheby’s.
|research links||Search FRESCO (Frick Research Catalog Online)|