Archives Directory for the History of Collecting in America

Bangs & Co.

printer
print view
role Auction_House
dates
city New York City
stateNY
gender n/a
historical notes Bangs & Co. was an auction house that operated from circa 1837 to 1903 when it was absorbed by John Anderson, Jr. (Firm) and later became Anderson Galleries, Inc.

The auction house operating under many different names beginning with Cooley & Banks in 1837; Richards & Platt from 1838-1848; Bangs, Platt & Co, 1849-1852; Bangs, Brother & Co, 1852-1858; Bangs, Merwin & Co., 1858-1876; and finally as Bangs & Co., 1877-1903.

decades
of activity
1840-1850
1850-1860
1860-1870
1870-1880
1880-1890
1890-1900
updated 02/07/2020 18:21:43
bibliographic
search
Search Frick Art Reference Library Catalog
Search Photoarchive
Search Worldcat
Archive Location Collection Title Links
Archives of American Art
Victor Building, Suite 2200
American art auction catalog collection, 1785-1962. see details...
New York State Library
Manuscripts and Special Collections
Auction Catalogs Collection, 1800-. Manuscripts and Special Collections Unit see details...

see also:
Anderson Galleries, Inc.