Archives Directory for the History of Collecting in America

Galerie Louise Leiris

printer
print view
role Dealer/Gallery
dates 1920-
city Paris
countryFrance
gender n/a
historical notes Founded in 1920 by Daniel-Henry Kahnweiler (1884–1979), Galerie Louise Leiris, was first known as Galerie Simon after Kahnweiler’s partner André Simon (also known as André Jacques Simon Cahen).

Kahnweiler turned the gallery over to his sister-in-law, Louise Leiris (née Alexandrine Louise Godon, 1902–1988), in 1941. After the war Kahnweiler and Maurice Jardot (1901–2002), along with Leiris, were directors of the Gallery.

The gallery is currently owned by Quentin Laurens holder of the droit morale for Braque and the grandson of the sculptor Henri Laurens (1885-1954).


decades
of activity
1920-1930
1930-1940
1940-1950
1950-1960
1960-1970
1970-1980
1980-1990
1990-2000
2000-2010
2010-2020
updated 02/07/2020 18:21:46
bibliographic
search
Search Frick Art Reference Library Catalog
Search Photoarchive
Search Worldcat
Archive Location Collection Title Links
University of Texas, Austin
Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center
Françoise Gilot Collection, 1944-1965 see details...
University of Pennsylvania
Rare Book & Manuscript Library Collections
Correspondence to Edward F. Fry, 1966-1967. see details...
Baltimore Museum of Art
The E. Kirkbride Miller Art Research Library
Saidie A. May papers, ca. 1880-2002, bulk 1924-1972. see details...
Galerie Louise Leiris
47 rue de Monceau
Galerie Louise Leiris Records see details...
University of Pennsylvania
Rare Book & Manuscript Library Collections
Correspondence with Carl Zigrosser, 1958. see details...

see also:
Kahnweiler, Daniel Henry, 1884-1979