Archives Directory for the History of Collecting in America

Paul Kantor Gallery

printer
print view
role Dealer/Gallery
dates 1948-1966
city Beverly Hills
stateCA
gender n/a
historical notes Los Angeles art Gallery began as Fraymart Gallery established at 430 North La Brea avenue by Victor Selinsky (1925-2006); in 1951, the name was changed to the Paul Kantor Gallery.

In 1950, the gallery (Fraymart), moved to Camden Drive and changed its name in 1951, when Paul Kantor took controlling interest. Paul Kantor closed the gallery in 1966, to be a private art dealer.

decades
of activity
1950-1960
1960-1970
websitehttp://www.kantorgallery.com/
updated 09/12/2019 15:31:18
bibliographic
search
Search Frick Art Reference Library Catalog
Search Photoarchive
Search Worldcat
Archive Location Collection Title Links
University of California, Los Angeles
YRL Department of Special Collections
Paul Kantor oral history transcript see details...
Archives of American Art
Victor Building, Suite 2200
Emerson Woelffer papers, 1937-1999 see details...
Archives of American Art
Victor Building, Suite 2200
Oral history interview with Betty M. Asher, 1980 June 30 and 1980 July 7 see details...
The Brooklyn Museum Libraries and Archives
200 Eastern Parkway
Institutional File. Paul Kantor Gallery see details...

see also:
Kantor, Paul
Kantor Gallery (Los Angeles, Calif.)