Archives Directory for the History of Collecting in America

E. and A. Silberman Galleries (New York, N.Y.)

printer
print view
role Dealer/Gallery
dates 1928-1968
city New York City
stateNY
gender n/a
historical notes E. and A. Silberman Galleries was a New York City art gallery formed by brothers Elkan (1892–1952) and Abris Silberman (1896–1968).The gallery was a branch of their family's Viennese gallery and was established by Abris Silberman in 1928. It was first located on 57th Street, operated at 578 Madison Ave, and later was located at 1008 Fifth Ave..

E. and A. Silberman Galleries helped form the art collections of G. H. A. Clowes (1877–1958), Dan Fellows Platt (1873–1938), Booth Tarkington (1869–1946), and L. M. Rabinowitz (1887–1957).
decades
of activity
1930-1940
1940-1950
1950-1960
1960-1970
updated 09/12/2019 15:31:18
bibliographic
search
Search Frick Art Reference Library Catalog
Search Photoarchive
Search Worldcat
Archive Location Collection Title Links
The Brooklyn Museum Libraries and Archives
200 Eastern Parkway
Institutional file. E. and A. Silberman Galleries (New York, N.Y.) see details...
Princeton University
Dept. of Rare Books and Special Collections
Frank Jewett Mather papers, 1906-1948. see details...

see also:
Tarkington, Booth, 1869-1946
Rabinowitz, Louis M. (Louis Mayer), 1887-1957
Clowes, G. H. A. (George Henry Alexander), 1877-1958
Silberman, Abris
Platt, Dan Fellows, 1873-1938