title | University of Kansas Museum of Art records |
repository | University of Kansas |
description | Formally known as the Museum of Art, University of Kansas, the University's art collections had been stored and/or displayed in Spooner Hall, which had previously housed KU's library. The first item in the collection was a marble bust of Amos Adams Lawrence, donated by the subject in 1878. Sallie Casey Thayer provided the real impetus for the establishment of a full university art museum in 1928 through her donation of 7,500 items from her personal collection. The Helen Foresman Spencer Museum of Art opened in its current building in 1978. This collection of records includes planning records, Museum of Art lists, correspondence, artificial records, news releases, and publications. |
extent | 20.25 Linear Feet (27 boxes + 3 volumes) |
formats | Printed Materials Correspondence Administrative Records |
access | Some series in this record group will require permission from the office of origin before use. Personnel and student records are closed in accordance with applicable law. All requests are subject to review by the Archives staff to determine accessibility. |
record link | https://archives.lib.ku.edu/repositories/3/resources/3168 |
finding aid | https://archives.lib.ku.edu/repositories/3/resources/3168 |
acquisition information | n/a |
updated | 02/14/2025 10:07:53 |
|
....................................................................
|